Don Dubuc's Favorite Fishing Recipes
Over the years, Don has come across some truly phenomenal recipes for all types of fish and crustaceans found in the waters of Louisiana.
WHOLE BAKED RED SNAPPER
5 to 8 Whole Red Snapper, Gutted
1. Before you start, remove the scales of the fish by scraping them off with the spoon. Using your chefs knife or a pair of kitchen shears remove the inedible fins from the fish and discard.
2. Cut off a small amount of the the top and bottom end of each lemon, so they will just stand up on end. Now cut each lemon in half and form a bed of lemon in your casserole or braising pan.
3. Take your cleaned red fish and rub with the olive oil and your salt and pepper making sure to season the cavity of the red fish.
4. Place your well seasoned fish on the bed of lemons and place the whole thing in to your 350 degree oven. Your cook time should be 45 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of your fish. Remove the fish if the skin is nicely cooked and the flesh of the fish flacks.
Chef Mark Falgoust
- BACON WRAPPED REDFISH
- TEQUILA-LIME SHRIMP
- BEER-POACHED PERCH
- STUFFED TROUT
- BAKED CRAPPIE WITH ITALIAN BREAD CRUMB TOPPING
- DEEP-FRIED CRAPPIE
- GRILLED REDFISH "ON THE HALF SHELL" WITH MAITRE D'HOTEL BUTTER
- SAUTEED SHEEPSHEAD WITH SAUTERNES BUTTER SAUCE
- FLAME-GRILLED BLACK DRUM WITH CREOLE MUSTARD SAUCE